I bid on the Phoenix Gold Outlaw amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

emilimo701
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
The one that's on EBay with a link in the classifieds.

I kind of stupidly bid on it, $465, without knowing much about it.

Assuming I may be outbid... should I go higher? What is this worth?

I realized that it accepts 200 to 2000 millivolts, which probably it testament to the age of the amp. This made me wonder is there anything else I should know about it?

I figured it would be perfect for my setup because i wanted around ~200 watts at 4 ohms for my front stage and know i want to amp my rears but it doesn't need to be as much, this way kill 2 birds with one amp

it will certainly need to have the caps replaced before you use it. Go to Phoenix Gold Phorum // Index

there's a manual in the car audio section. sweet lookin amp.
pardon my ignorance, but... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

you mean capacitors, not endcaps or something else correct?

and why is this listed as a 6-channel? It's a 4 channel, as far i can tell...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/ponder.gif.ec2527b23f1d287b60dcbba54f95edba.gif

yes the capicitors inside the amp. they look like AA battery's only shorter and tend to leak after around 10 years. easy to change if you can do some soldering. Not expensive if memory serves me correctly there is 10 total. 4 on the M50 side, and 6 on the M100 side. could be fine but better safe than sorry.

this give power ratings at 12v and 13.8 volt. what voltage are most amps rated at? i've seen other specs before rated at 14.4v too hmnnn

yes the capicitors inside the amp. they look like AA battery's only shorter and tend to leak after around 10 years. easy to change if you can do some soldering. Not expensive to do.hhttp://ampguts.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5310&title=phoenix-gold-outlaw-18&cat=1367ere: there is 10 total.
yeah i just did a little reading seems that capacitors age from heat over time, but just time alone can leak them??

yeah i just did a little reading seems that capacitors age from heat over time, but just time alone can leak them??
true.

Think about a flashlight sitting in a drawer and not getting used for some time. Go to use it and it's not lighting up, You open it up and they(battts) have leaked out, same concept. it's worth it too replace any caps in any amp that is over 10 years old. IMO

how much would you guess new parts will new parts run me? my father and brother usually order from allelectronics.com so that's where i'd probably go too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.