I am so flustered...

Participant count
  • Participant list

bodusky

Hello I'm new, I've been creeping on this site for a while and have run into a problem with my setup. This is going to be a tad lengthy so please bear with me. So I recently bought a grand marquis locally and the owner before me had a well know shop do a full audio upgrade in the car. I'm currently running 4 gauge ofc from the battery to a distribution block to split off into two 8 gauge wires with one feeding an alpine MRF 4 channel amp and the other powering an alpine MRV mono amp. Well I decided that the kicker comps weren't enough so I just switched to new sub's and a hifonics brx2400. My question is since the new mono would be happier on 0 gauge, can I bypass the distribution block and run straight 0 gauge to the hifonics amp and keep that 4 gauge wire and run it straight the MRF? So I'd have one 4 gauge and one 0 gauge wire coming from the battery to the two amps in the trunk. Does that sound okay. I'm planning on the big 3 soon after I get this squared away if that would be required. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Whether it's the 500 or 250 MRV the 0 awg is enough to run the 4 channel and the mono. Big 3 should always be done. Stock electrical is for stock items.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can do that. If the 4 gaugue is already run and you can fit the 0 gaugue in there as well, go for it. You're getting recommendations for running it to a distri block, which you can do, but you only save a foot or two doing it that way. Just fuse both wires appropriately.

Alright thanks for the input, I think I'll just run a 0 gauge along the 4 gauge. I just want to get every bit of ompf I can out of the subwoofers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bodusky

bodusky
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
CrossoverOre