Hybrid Clarus C61 vs. Boston Acoustics SPZ60

Which speaker?

• Total voters
You have any in-car measurements with an RTA to back this up?
No eq , a clarus 5.25" component set, tweets in the pillars, mids in the kicks flat to 40hz.............

0518091625.jpg

What's the point of posting an rta graph though? It's so easily manipulated. Couple secs to make a few eq adjustments and bam overbearing midbass. I don't make it a point to carry an rta ( real rta, not the gay *** smart phone apps ) around in my pocket to every show I go to. I also don't know to many competitors who would allow a stranger to rta their car. My opinion is based on the cars I have personally heard with my own ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
take them with a grain of salt. I'm not a guy that lives and dies by what a graph says. I prefer to listen to make my own assessments.

clarus components- have a smooth laid back sound, with pretty good midbass punch. The tweeters can be a little overbearing if they are placed up high ( close to your ears)

Legatia components- Same smooth laid back sound, added punch on the low end, and a more resolute, detailed midrange and top end.

DLS- to me they have a dry lifeless sounding midrange. The midbass have decent punch, and the tweeters are very nice. Smooth and not to harsh

Hertz mlk's - Pretty smooth laid back midrange, the midbass seemed to be lacking some what. Not a fan of the tweets, they seemed harsh to me even after eqing

I am running the clarus 5.25's and l1v2's in the kicks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No eq , a clarus 5.25" component set, tweets in the pillars, mids in the kicks flat to 40hz.............
0518091625.jpg

What's the point of posting an rta graph though? It's so easily manipulated. Couple secs to make a few eq adjustments and bam overbearing midbass. I don't make it a point to carry an rta ( real rta, not the gay *** smart phone apps ) around in my pocket to every show I go to. I also don't know to many competitors who would allow a stranger to rta their car. My opinion is based on the cars I have personally heard with my own ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I always whip out the calibrated microphone and TrueRTA to double check what my ears are hearing. On the flip side, I DO NOT like the way a flat RTA response sounds in a car.

I always whip out the calibrated microphone and TrueRTA to double check what my ears are hearing. On the flip side, I DO NOT like the way a flat RTA response sounds in a car.
I don't either , it's just the only in car picture of an RTA curve I have of any of the drivers in question lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So, the HAT C61-2 were installed today powered by a Boston Acoustics GT-24 (120x2). Nothing short of amazing! Went with all factory locations.

Tweets = smooth, clear, very easy to liosten to (even easier than my stock tweets)

Midrange = clear and detailed

Midbass = very good

Sub-bass = Yes, it actually plays some sub-bass (even dubstep sounds good with the subs off)

Overall, the system sounds completely balanced. I'm sure it would sound better active, with aftermarket HU, processing/eq, but as is all I can say is it was really worth the money. My wife isn't even into car audio and she was grinning from ear to ear. Everything sounds like it's coming from in front of you, even the sub-bass, which blows my mind! Will give it a few weeks and then do my very first detailed laymen's review.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...