HUs that can disable internal amp

DefiantGSR
10+ year member

I used to have an 880prs that could do it but it got stolen. It made a big difference in sound quality. Probably more than the fact that it had burr brown DACs. I'm not willing to spend that much on another HU only for it to be stolen. Anyone recommend a HU that can turn off internal amp that is less expensive?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How much of a difference do you think it REALLY made in SQ.?? Don't get me wrong I use a deck with NO internal amp and I agree that less heat built up in the deck the better. But I would TOTALLY advise against basing your decision on a new head unit based on this ONE feature. Eclipse used to make some great sounding head units that did NOT have this feature and it didn't affect SQ at all. In fact, the 8455 was one the best sounding head units out in it's time. All this feature does is keep the heat down somewhat. Look at EVERYTHING when looking for a new head unit. You'll find that this feature is pretty LOW on the food chain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.