HU problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

TigerRider11
10+ year member

CT
i have a sony headunit and when i put in a cd, it loads really slow and i hear wierd noises, it doesnt play the cd, and i have to turn the headunit on its side and hit it while pressing the eject button to get the cd out. time to get a new headunit? or is there a way of fixing this...

minus the sarcasm, likely you have a bad servo. Common in playstations, xboxes, and cheap cd-roms / cd mechanisms.

Does it sound like it's spinning up, slowing down, and spinning back up?

Could be a case of poorly burnt CD-R, or discs with open sessions.

im low on cash so i dont want to spend alot, it ***** the cd in, but very slowly, then i hear noises almost like its trying to spin and then i hear noises when i press to eject it, but it doesnt come out...

are panasonics any better?

Not that I know of, but then again I have only heard on of them. Look at a cheaper Pioneer or JVC. I know Pioneer makes a good-value headunit for $99.99, which is sold almost anywhere that carries headunits.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.