How would I install a Audiocontrol LC6i line-output-converter?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cwzilly
10+ year member

Hates distortion
I'm in the process of upgrading my stereo, factory OEM integration.

Honestly, I feel pretty dumb right now, but its better to be safer than sorry.

The AudioControl LC6i line-output-converter has a +12v and ground connection (much like a amplifier).

According to the LC6i Owners Manual.pdf:

(+12V) Positive Connection: "...connect it to a good constant source of 12 volts (we suggest the battery), fused at 1 amp."

Ground Connection: "...run it from the “Ground” connector on your LC6i to the negative terminal of the battery, a ground bus, or a verified ground location. The factory head unit ground is not a good ground!"

Some of my thoughts:

Ok, I believe I understand that using the same ground as my amplifier(s) is a bad idea because they draw considerably more current than this line-output-converter.

Do you think the ground for my radio is a good place to ground the LC6i? And I do not mean a black wire, but rather the metal that is used to bolt my radio to (behind the dash); I believe its a chassis ground for the stock OEM radio/climate control housing that so many modern cars use these days.

Now how in the heck do I connect a power wire to the LC6i? The +12V connector on the LC6i accepts 12 - 18 gauge wire; there are no distribution blocks any higher than 10 gauge. Also, in the owners manual they "we suggest the battery"; which is fine and all, but my amplifier(s) will have their 4 gauge wire connected to the battery; would it be safe to connect them at the same battery post point?

I just want to install it right.

you're making it way more complicated than it is. it's just like hooking up an amp with smaller wires. just get enough 18 gauge to run from the battery to the LC6i. you can get an ATC inline fuse holder from any auto parts store. ground it at any grounding point you can nearest to it. than you just run your speaker wires to it. if you need any of that wire and stuff it install it. I got what you need to get it installed, just pm me.

I still have the question on connecting to the battery with a 18 gauge power wire. I already have a 4 gauge power wire connected for my amp(s).

WHAT KIND OF CAR ARE YOU INSTALLING IN?

If i were to do this, i would find the factory amp/or radio if is powering the speakers, get your speaker signal and power from there and ground to chasis metal with short as wire possible.

WHAT KIND OF CAR ARE YOU INSTALLING IN?If i were to do this, i would find the factory amp/or radio if is powering the speakers, get your speaker signal and power from there and ground to chasis metal with short as wire possible.
thats the way uh huh uh huh you do it uh huh uh huh

Anybody please? OK lets make this easier.

How or where did you hook up your high-to-low inline converter (AudioControl / Clean Sweap / MX-1 or whatever) power wire along with a 4 gauge amp wire.

And jee, no factory amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cwzilly

10+ year member
Hates distortion
cwzilly
Where I'm sent
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date