How will the sound quality be?

I dont see jack **** in there about sq, just an ignorant response*
Oh I'm sorry. I did not go off topic with some banter about screens. His only question was how will the sound quality be. And I answered it straight to the point. Sorry if you can not gather that simple point. Not my fault you = teh gayness //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

If you would have typed Jenson
Oh and by you making an assumption that I have no experience with either brand is just an ignorant move on your part. Not my fault.

SirClay, as I stated but with a bit more detail for you, Most Alpine units will have better signal processing, EQ settings over Jensen units. There will be a couple of Jensen's higher end units that have some great SQ purposes. But overall Alpine will have the better Head Units.

Sorry about the random crap. Some people nit pick on posts to seem smart...

Yes, I have darn near 20 years in this industry. Direct employment continous. I feel that I am more than capable of delivering a informed and educated opinion. You are comparing apples and oranges here. If you leave the part of a screen out of the system, you will have two cd players to compare. Alpine is good equipment as it Jensen, Jensen is actually older than Alpine by a longshot for that matter. Jensen is built to hit the pricepoints that Alpine is not. However in the last 5 years, just like Hyundai, they have built cd players that are starting to creep up the price range and deliver some great performance as well.

The comment above has not proven much as far as I am concerned. Just because a unit is more expensive does not mean that it will have better SQ. Most if not all companies use the same laser transport, tuner, amplifier and chassis in the bottom of the line to the top of the line. The things that make them different are the bells and whistles, IE 2 preouts to 3 preouts, MP3, Aux in, detach face, full motion graphics. All of which have nothing to do with tonal response but have everything to do with increasing the overall value of the unit. Marketing 101, make it look like this and it will sell for this price, next model you add this to it, next model up you add this to it and so on and so on.

Leaving the screen aside for the time being, I brought in a Jensen unit this year and I was stunned at the build quality and overall tonal response of the unit. It in my opinion was a better built piece of equipment than a lot of the other brand name equipment available in the same price range. Is it an Eclipse, no it is not, is it an Alpine, no it is not. It is however a robust little unit.

Now throw the dvd screen into the picture and you now have value that Alpine just cannot touch. Jensen and many other companies do not make their own lcd panels, they are basically all bought from the same couple of manufacturers in the far east. The Panasonic and Eclipse screens for example come from the same supplier, for that matter, any 7" screen probably does as well.

This is your decision to make, I have insight into the industry that the average person does not. Considering that most companies no longer build there own cd players (they are built for them by a build house), the who makes who in this industry is getting bigger all the time. It is not uncommon for a build house to have a production run of multiple brands at the same time, then on to separate boxing plants to send the products to the manufacturer who gave them the contract.

If you like the value that the Jensen shows you, then go for it. There is only one way for you to know for sure. Jensen has some dogs in the line, as it is with all companies that build some of the cheaper stuff, however, if you steer clear of the crap, you will always get a decent piece of gear at the same time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.