How to remove tint ?

^ almost all tint will leave residue over time.

Just peel it off, steel wool and windex will be your new best friends.

The best method is a steamer imo, thats what my friend uses at his tint shop.

but it works great in the back window around the defrost
I bet it works great but just make sure you are wearing a mask.

I bought some before and my buddy opened it in the car and I hit a bump and alittle spilled onto the carpet. Man it dam near burnt the eyes out of my head.

Hey guys,My Blazer has a dark ass tint in the front windows and that **** is illegal here so I need to get the tint removed.

Does anybody know how to do it ?

Thanks.

peel off what you can....then go to any car parts store(pepboys). They sell solution you spray on to take the filmy/glue stuff. Works well.

Lust make sure you dont go scraping the tint off your rear door/window, or you will accidendally scrape off some of the defroster wires that go across.

id try windex and and a mr.clean magic eraser..i heard it works wonders. Other then that, I used 3m Spray on adhesive remover an a razer blade.

cut out a piece of black trash bag thats about the size of your window, spray some 409 on it, then get cover it with the trash bad cut, it'll be best if you can leave it outside on a sunny day with 60+ but if not, then go over it with a heat gun gentally, it should come off pretty easily...

i didnt read through the thread, but i suggest a professional doing it, its hard, ive tried, if u rip it and it starts to split into pieces, then glue stays on the glass and u gotta strip it...just pay the tint shop and extra 20 or whatever they usually charge to strip it...its worth it IMO.

they make it look easy, but its not. ive tried it lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.