how to get nosie out my 4ch

ground your rca's, you'll find that if only one set of rca's are connected to the headunit and you use splitters, there shouldnt be any engine noise. stops the ground loop issue.

if you run more than 1 set of rca cables you should spiral tape them together all the way back. if they are not ran together the distance between the 2 set or rcas can cause a ground loop & noise. also make sure to run the rcas opposite side from the power wires.

its a pio 6800 cd player. on 1 side of the car i have both set of my RCAs beside each other..... o and i have a tube wit all my 4ch stuff in it (spk wire and remote wire) but what do u mean ground my RCAs???????

i dont understand e-thug ebonics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

you want some help, talk to us like you want help

not dat ghetto shizzle bish..... did i ask u for ur info. its a message bored not a school paper.....
lol....good thing huh?...message board

This is your thread, your question... the question at hand was already answered so I thought I'd give you a little bit more advice

noone types like that...you type like that on purpose...mispellings I can understand..completely typing something different because you want that "gangsta'" feel is meaningless and more than likely annoys those who know more than you....

...do what you want...just don't expect to be taken seriously pimp

maybe you can shake it out of your amp....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

http://www.caraudiojunkyard.com/forum/electrical-installation/1983-engine-whine-ground-loop-fixes.html

Thanks to Jmanpc

Ground loops and engine whine cause common problems such as a high-pitched whine that varies with engine RPM's' date=' various thumps while changing tracks, turn on/off thumps, etc.

There are various protective measures to take in order to decrease the likelihood of experiencing engine whine and ground loops.

[b']Shielded RCA's[/b]

A good pair of shielded RCA's may be the easiest way to avoid engine noise. Don't use patch cables or other el-cheap-o RCA's that are unshielded. I'm not saying you need to invest a small fortune in RCA cables, just make sure they are shielded.

Proper head unit ground

This is perhaps the most common source of engine noise. Many times factory head unit grounds are poor. Relocating the ground wire or adding to the existing one will help reduce or eliminate ground loops.

Proper amplifier ground

If none of the above have worked, check the ground for the amplifier. Make sure it is grounded to the frame, battery, or other substantial metal surface. Make sure the metal is good 'ol fashioned detroit iron. Many cars use metallic alloys or composites that aren't very conductive. Avoid those at all costs.

Wire routing

Some claim this next fix is BS, and others swear by their grave that it works. But run your RCA's and power wires at least 18" apart. I route my RCA's on one side of the car, and power on the other. Couldn't hurt.

Grounding the RCA's on the head unit

Many have had problems with Pioneer head units because of a poor internal RCA ground. To remedy this, simply wrap wire around the RCA's and screw the wire down to the head unit's chassis like so:

PioneerFix.jpg

Please note: While ground loop isolators are tempting to use as a quick fix, I generally don't advise people to use them because they simply cover up the problem instead of solving it. Only use ground loop isolators as a final resort is none of the above fixes work.
It dosn't take all the ammount of wire shown in the picture to fix it though

And to King Ranch: Theres a great write-up in a Crossfire manual we have at work I'll quote you tomorrow if noone else answers your question.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

laryan2424

10+ year member
laryan2424
Holly Rock, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from