How to figure displacement of a 2x4

Multiply the length in inches by 8. This will give you the volume of the board in cubic inches.

Do you need to know the conversion factor between cubic inches and cubic feet?

Multiply the length in inches by 8. This will give you the volume of the board in cubic inches.
lol, really i think im about to just use 1.5 inch dowel rods, my math is a bit rusty....

hm... never mind i think i have it? 20in * 8 = 160 cubic inches = .0.092

a 2x4 generaly measures 1.5" by 5.25 or 5.5 depending on the store you go to.

actually measure what you have and plug it in to the woofer box wizzard at rockford fosgate site

would state that a piece of 2x4 measuring 1.5" by 5.5" by 12" long will displace .06 cubic feet

and that same piece of 2x4 measuring 24" long will displace .11 cubic feet

a 2x4 generaly measures 1.5" by 5.25 or 5.5 depending on the store you go to.actually measure what you have and plug it in to the woofer box wizzard at rockford fosgate site

would state that a piece of 2x4 measuring 1.5" by 5.5" by 12" long will displace .06 cubic feet

ok so im getting confused now with all this. what i need to figure is a 2x4 @ 20in long & another 2x4 & 18.5in long

a 2x4 generaly measures 1.5" by 5.25 or 5.5 depending on the store you go to.actually measure what you have and plug it in to the woofer box wizzard at rockford fosgate site

A 2x6 measures 5.5. A 2x4 measures 3.5 x 1.5.....

Length x width x height = displacement since this is in inches divide the sum by 1728 to get cubic feet of diaplacement. (12x12x12= 1728 cubic inches in one cubic foot.

Here simplest form....

20 inches long = .061

18.5 inches long = .056

This is what 2x4 ' s are in those lengths. Sorry you got so many answers for a simple question

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.