How to convert TiVo files to MP4/AVI/MPG for playback on iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, Zen

Participant count
  • Participants list
How to convert TiVo files to MP4/AVI/MPG for playback on iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, Zen, etc.?

TIVO.jpg

Recently I meet a trouble that is how to move shows from TiVo onto my iPod Touch for playback during my holiday. Do you have the same experience like me? As we know, it is hard to play TiVo files on media players, and other popular portable devices like iPod, iPhone, Zune, Zen, PSP, etc. because of their proprietary format with copyright protection. Therefore, we have to convert TiVo files to other popular video/audio formats workable to media players or devices. As for me, I usually use Moyea Video Converter to convert TiVo to MP4, not only for its large range of supported video/audio formats (MP4/AVI/MPG/MPEG/WMV/ASF/MOV/VOB/MKV/3GP/3G2/FLV/F4V/M4V/DIVX/XVID/TOD/MOD, etc.) and excellent output quality but also for its perfect audio/video synchnization which can prevent my video out of audio. If you need this requirement, just follow the instruction as below:

Free download Moyea Video Converter here, install and run it.

Step 1: Import the TiVo files into this program

Step 2: Select output video/audio format

After loading the TiVo files, it allows you to select an output format you need from the drop-down list “Format”, like MP4 for iPod.

Step 3: Set the destination folder

Generally the output folder will save in specified folders by default. However, it also allows you to choose the folder you want by clicking the “Output”.

Step 4: Convert

After all the settings are done, you can press the “Convert” button to start converting. And only a few minutes, you can open the destination to transfer the converted files to your media players or devices.

main.jpg

Tips:

1: Tick the checkbox “Merge into one file”, you can combine multiple TiVo files into a big one.

2: Click the “Settings” button, you can adjust audio/video parameters to get better output quality as you like.

Settings-]Video: Set video encoding settings by selecting a frame rate, a video encoder and a bit rate.

Settings-]Audio: Set audio encoding settings by selecting a sample rate, an audio channel, an audio encoder and a bit rate.

3: Click “Snapshot” to capture the image you like.

4: Moyea Video Converter also offers wonderful editing function to edit TiVo files for great enjoyment.

See, just three simple clicks, you can freely enjoy TiVo as you like.

Personally, I find that Moyea FLV Converter is the one that satisfy me.

Okay, why shall I choose this converter?

Hightlights I found are as follows:

1.Powerful editing functions like trim, crop, effects and different watermarks.

2.Faster FLV and F4V conversion speed.

3.Output better video without any audio and video sync issues.

4.Enjoy YouTube videos (FLV and F4V) everywhere with portable devices like iPod, iPhone, Blackberry etc.

5. Besides youtube videos, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google Video, etc are also included.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.