How to clean\polish rims. Ver. 1.0

I plan on doing the same with some amplifiers I just came across. Restoration is always a very rewarding process.
thatll be cake compared to rims, i would recommend gettin the speed ball because youll be able to polish that surface very easily, mainly flat. Just make sure to watch your drill. if it catches on a corner or curve it can kick the drill pretty good i hit my rim once and about killed somebody cause i was a dumbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

thatll be cake compared to rims, i would recommend gettin the speed ball because youll be able to polish that surface very easily, mainly flat. Just make sure to watch your drill. if it catches on a corner or curve it can kick the drill pretty good i hit my rim once and about killed somebody cause i was a dumbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
I have a 10" rotary buffer for waxing etc... Think that'll work?

http://www.premiumautocare.com/ultimate-paint-protection.html > All //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Lasted on my Bonneville for over 7 months before the car was towed away to charity.
just bought two bottles and i did go get my third round of products, Noxon Metal Polish, Meguiars Hot Rims Polish, Eagle one Nevr Dull, and Nano Wheel Polish. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

Loooks like i have some work ahead of me

Well i finally got around to a test session. I tested everything on an untouched rim. No sanding , no previous polishing .

The Wheel of the test

CIMG2305.jpg

close up

CIMG2307.jpg

The products

CIMG2304.jpg

From left to right the products are:

Mothers Metal Polish, Meguiars Hot Rims Mag& Aluminum Polish, Nevr Dull, Eagle One Nano Wax, Blue Magic, Noxon Metal Polish, and Mothers Powerball Aluminum Polish.

I then took a highlighter and marked sections for each product and used each per instructions

Here is after polish is on

CIMG2311.jpg

After wiping the polish off here are the results of the seven products.

CIMG2315.jpg

CIMG2313.jpg

So after all the testing and products id have to say the best 2 products are Meguiars and Blue Magic with the Mothers in the can in second place. I still need to sand and stuff for the rims in the bad spots but as far as just polish goes those are my findings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.