How thick?

Participant count
  • Participant list

PhatalOne
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I'm currently specing out an enclosure that I will be the centerpiece of my car I intend to show and there is a certain piece of the sub box that I want to do in Lexan or Plexi. I've already got pricing info on Lexan so I'm not afraid of the cost. The only thing is that I do not want to spend money for a thicker piece than I need.

How thick should my plexi or Lexan sheet be so that I do not have any issues with my sub box? The current design spec is 3 eD 16 Ov.2's sealed so having a strong box is important. I can purchase Lexan up to .5" thick and Lexan would be my preferred material.

I have never worked with that stuff but if it is like plexi then I would go with .5 min. Also depends on how large the panels are, obviously if it is a 6 by 6 inch panel you can get away with thinner walls but if you have a wall that measures 2 feet by 4 feet you will need thicker walls or great bracing. Better to be safe than sorry.

the base panel I am thinking would be 24"x36" . I found some stuff called Polycast which I can get up to 1" thick and I think that is just another trade name for plexiglass but am not sure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

PhatalOne

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
PhatalOne
Dayton, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date