How on earth...

Lubega
10+ year member

Okay, guys. I was on woofersetc.com and checked out the subs. I couldn't believe it. Thousands of them. Now I know y'all are the experts and can build your own boxes, but some of the subs didn't have specs for the boxes listed in the description, but some did. Now, for newbies like me, how do you select the right box for the sub? Does the company give specs for the enclosure? Or are you on your own?

By the way, anyone who can build a box live in northern Virginia? Alexandria? (hint, hint) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

Welcome to the forum.

A good number of sub manufacturers offer the T/S parameters (which is the specs that will allow you to figure out what type/size of enclosure the sub in question will perform best in) on their websites.

Others print them in the owner's manual for the sub so if you buy the driver(s) new then once you have taken possession of it you'll have that information at hand.

if i dont have specs or even sometimes when i do... i have volumes and tunings that i favor depending on the size of the sub.

Now I know y'all are the experts and can build your own boxes, but some of the subs didn't have specs for the boxes listed in the description, but some did. Now, for newbies like me, how do you select the right box for the sub?

If you see something that interests you but that site doesnt list the specs, try the company's website to see if they list the specs.

If they dont, that should be a red flag to look at another brand.

most likely a custom box will set you off QUITE a bit more then a standard Q-logic type box.

it really depends on how much your willing to spend on a box.

Thanks, guys! I know about the Q-Logic boxes. I'll pass on them. And due to you guys badmouthing bandpass boxes, I won't get one. But there are some nice ones that I've seen.

But I know y'all are the experts. Now, to find someone in northern VA... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Lubega

10+ year member
Lubega
Alexandria, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from