How much would the wood for this be?

bracing works alright but maybe he is like me and will not use it as it can mess up airflow?
A dowel or threaded rod will not "mess up" the airflow enough for it to be noticeable...now if we are talking about 2x2's or 2x4's that is a different story

A dowel or threaded rod will not "mess up" the airflow enough for it to be noticeable...now if we are talking about 2x2's or 2x4's that is a different story
I still doubt you'd notice a difference if you had one enclosure braced with a 2x4 and one not, both having equal net volume. Other than the 2x4 box not flexing. As long as the 2x4 wasnt blocking the port or something.

I still doubt you'd notice a difference if you had one enclosure braced with a 2x4 and one not, both having equal net volume. Other than the 2x4 box not flexing. As long as the 2x4 wasnt blocking the port or something.
I use scrap pieces of MDF to brace my enclosure, the pieces themselves are usually 3/4 x 3" wide. Not once have I ever heard anything remotely close to interference from the bracing. The only time I can see an obstruction like that causing any problems is if you built a burp box, since you want the least amount of resistance possible (both in your enclosure and your electrical)

If you double wall an enclosure you will lose volume if you are limited with space. Best option is to do a single layer 3/4" enclosure with good bracing. The OA15 is a great sub, but it is not going to rip apart a single layered enclosure that is built properly.
Good toknow for the future lol. I already paid for the design from RAM so ill prbly just do it that way. But if I was going to do the bracing on this I would just build my box the same as he says but just not put the extra walls on each side? But I could still put an extra face on it because I want to flush mount it. Then just put those screw in poles in? Correct? Cuz ill have enough extra wood left over from my past build that ill only need to buy one sheet.

I honestly just don't know how to do the screw in bracing or anything. And if my box is built like a tank and takes 2 ppl to lift I think it'll be less likely to get stolen.

I used 2x4s to brace a box for a hdc18 and it had no flex on 1700rms with just 3/4 mdf

I ended up with a double baffle front only cause I wanted it flush not from flex

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.