How much would the wood for this be?

sweet, its mdf or w/e 3/4 inch. what glue should i use? i use some kind of caulk or something and some screwed but is there a better glue to use that is also cheap ? and should i put some of the caulk between each layer or my boards? like for the double wall?

sweet, its mdf or w/e 3/4 inch. what glue should i use? i use some kind of caulk or something and some screwed but is there a better glue to use that is also cheap ? and should i put some of the caulk between each layer or my boards? like for the double wall?
Titebond II is good glue and its not too expensive. And just glue the panels together, no caulk. Use caulk in the seems inside the enclosure.

yeah. I'm getting it from a local company so they are going to give me a good price. they build sound rooms and stuff. i might have some extra from my last box that i could use for one side.

Why double walled? Is this going to be for massive power or something? If not, there is no reason for double walling, just do proper bracing and you would be good to go. Would save funds as well.

Why double walled? Is this going to be for massive power or something? If not, there is no reason for double walling, just do proper bracing and you would be good to go. Would save funds as well.
this too. A few wooden dowels or threaded rod would do fine I'm sure.

double walling because it should give me more cubic feet in in the space that i have to work with. and its a 15. i have it in a smaller box right now with 2 9 inch 2x4 braces and the box was still just "pinging" like crazy. so yeah. and the comment above could or could not be right. but it sounds like it makes sense?? lol and i already sent the request for a design to RAM. and I'm not really sure how to do the dowels.

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

its for my oa 15 d2.

double walling because it should give me more cubic feet in in the space that i have to work with. and its a 15. i have it in a smaller box right now with 2 9 inch 2x4 braces and the box was still just "pinging" like crazy. so yeah. and the comment above could or could not be right. but it sounds like it makes sense?? lol and i already sent the request for a design to RAM. and I'm not really sure how to do the dowels. 

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

its for my oa 15 d2.
If you double wall an enclosure you will lose volume if you are limited with space. Best option is to do a single layer 3/4" enclosure with good bracing. The OA15 is a great sub, but it is not going to rip apart a single layered enclosure that is built properly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.