How much amp power determines when you have to upgrade your car's electrical system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cstac
10+ year member

Just curious what is the normal amp wattage that determines when you must upgrade to bigger alt. and battery. Really looking for how much watts i can push in a 08 Civic, before i will need to upgrade the electrical system of the car. I don't want to have to get into all that. Thanks!

1439274345.2073587watts before you need an upgrade. Civics have teh HO alternator that pwns all. But seriously people need to know what size alt your civic has and what kind of amps you plan to run etc etc etc..

i had 1200 watts on stock electrical for a long time(130 amp alt) with just the big 3 upgrade. not too much light dimming. If you do the big 3 upgrade, you should be ok with around 1000watts

Ok so seriously! Thats the whole reason why I ask this ?, ascitiesburn69. Because Im trying to find out which amp to get. But really probably looking to stay around 500 Rms pushing two 10s, but was curious about going up to 1000 Rms

Ok so seriously! Thats the whole reason why I ask this ?, ascitiesburn69. Because Im trying to find out which amp to get. But really probably looking to stay around 500 Rms pushing two 10s, but was curious about going up to 1000 Rms
you'll be fine with 500 watts.

you could get away with 1krms with a decent battery and the big 3 mod (easy as hell mod, you could do it in 30 minutes).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.