how loud

i have them wired to 1 ohm on the jl amp, i know its not stable at that but it seems to be doing fine

i should also mention the box there in is 3 cuft at 33hz there in the back seat and facing towards the front seats

181.8dB @ 18Hz...

You haven't given any information about your vehicle, or enclosure. Lol, how could you possibly expect any answers? At any rate, there are way too many variables that come into play, no one can give you too accurate of a guess to be honest. Idk, I'll say 135-137dB if this is going to be a daily enclosure inside a mystery vehicle's trunk.

181.8dB @ 18Hz...
You haven't given any information about your vehicle, or enclosure. Lol, how could you possibly expect any answers? At any rate, there are way too many variables that come into play, no one can give you too accurate of a guess to be honest. Idk, I'll say 135-137dB if this is going to be a daily enclosure inside a mystery vehicle's trunk.
if u read the thread then u would know that the unclosure is 3cuft tuned to 33 hz they are in the back seat not in the trunk and the subs are facing the front seats port also. i guess i forgot to add they are in a 1990 chevy lumina 3.1L 4 door

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

what more info can i give you?

More enclosure specs.

Also, if you do a proper trunk enclosure I guarantee it'll be louder than having em just sitting in the back seat. My rear seats don't fold down either in my Cedes, but I do a 148+ @42Hz with two 12" drivers, firing to the rear and port side loading on 2.8kW clamped. Enclosure in the back seat firing forward only did a 143.xx dB and sounded like absolute garbage lol.

More enclosure specs.Also, if you do a proper trunk enclosure I guarantee it'll be louder than having em just sitting in the back seat. My rear seats don't fold down either in my Cedes, but I do a 148+ @42Hz with two 12" drivers, firing to the rear and port side loading on 2.8kW clamped. Enclosure in the back seat firing forward only did a 143.xx dB and sounded like absolute garbage lol.
here is the box ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting i put it in the trunk facing towards the front towards the back and facing up towards the trunk, did the same in the back seat and it was the loudest in the back seat, but i also moved them to the back seat cuz winter is comming and i dont think they will like -40c with no heat in the trunk since my seat dont fold down. i should also add that i cut 2 holes for 12 instead of the 3 for 10s obviously lol

why do you say 133 max is that all the level 3s are really able to put out playing music?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.