How long.....

i usually do 12 hours if im in a real rush for a show but i wont take the screws out. i do every 3'' per screw if i plan on not letting the glue set the full 24 hours.

Depends on how you built it and the glue used really. I have built and used enclosures in less then a few hours(from cutting to installed/playing) before.

technically a week to be safe. 24 hours will be dry enough to play. Hell some take over a month to fully dry.
Agreed. There are many many variables to how long it takes to fully cure. For us we try and keep it at a min of 24 hours...some times when we build/adjust at a show we just roll with it though lol.

There are a lot of subs that seem dry but if you cut the bead of ca in half it's still wet in the middle. Unless I'm to lazy to put it in I usually play mine the next day.

There are a lot of subs that seem dry but if you cut the bead of ca in half it's still wet in the middle. Unless I'm to lazy to put it in I usually play mine the next day.
his post is confusing. he talking boxes or subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif subs i never play before 48 hours to be safe.

his post is confusing. he talking boxes or subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif subs i never play before 48 hours to be safe.
With the CA I use for sub building, as soon as I'm done putting them together I use them....lol. Never had an issue......I should say yet.

With the CA I use for sub building, as soon as I'm done putting them together lol. Never had an issue......I should say yet.
i usually dont because im always afraid i didnt put enough activator around the spider or sometimes the glue itself. but then again when i recone i never plan to use it soon anyway

i usually dont because im always afraid i didnt put enough activator around the spider or sometimes the glue itself. but then again when i recone i never plan to use it soon anyway
I have done recones for myself and others between SPL runs...lol those **** as you only have about 5-10 min depending on how the other members are being that day.

Sorry if my post was confusing. We are talking enclosure here. Small MDF enclosure (1cuft) using titebond 2 and screws (I dont have enough clamps)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.