How is this for a 1st...

Mjohnson2104
10+ year member

Whats goin on fellas,

I figured I would just post this stuff to see what you guys thought about it before I purchase it... for right now im just gonna get my cd player, subs and amp and later on when I save more money I'm gonna get some components and 6x9s...so here it is

Deck - Alpine 9833

Amp - Diamond D5 1200.1

Subs - Diamond M6 Mark II 15s (ported) and I plan on cutting a hole in the rear deck so the air moves more freely

by the way its gonna be in a 96 caprice....also I'm still new to this stuff so would I get the D2 or D4???

thanx a lot,

Marcus //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

okay sounds great besides the IMA CUT A HOLE IN THE REAR DECK SO MORE AIR MOVES,,, you gonna have to make a port,,, so that it is tuned properly,, just cutting out a hole is gonna make it sound like ****,,,, with those nice subs and nice amp, im shure you want your **** to sound good,,, so i would just make a custom port,,,

DUAL 4 ohm subs,,, so that way each sub will get 600 watts,,, and you can wire them into 1 ohm,,,,, very easy,, and will sound very nice

your welcome...

eric

well I guess I should have said the place I'm getting my stuff installed at is gonna do that....but then again its not gonna be a direct port from the box...I dunno if that made sense or anything but I talked to one guy at a local shop and he said the bigger the better for the whole in the rear deck.... so I dunno

umm no,,, if your installers are telling you that,,, then i think you need to go get a different opinion

just because the hole is bigger dont mean its gonna be louder,,, it might sound louder but will sound like ****,,, a box has to be tuned properly.

I'm not talking about porting the box through the rear deck I plan on having the subs firing back and he just said to cut a hole in the rear deck so the air would move more freely like I said earlier....the box is gonna be done right

I'm not talking about porting the box through the rear deck I plan on having the subs firing back and he just said to cut a hole in the rear deck so the air would move more freely like I said earlier....the box is gonna be done right

dont mess around with cuttin a hole in the rear deck just put the subs in a pretty good size ported box and you shouldnt need to cut a hole the sound will still come through

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.