How hard does it hit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrmax
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
oklahoma
What do you guys think 2 12 inch type R's in a firebird hitting backwards off the rear seat will hit with a huge bass song? Oh and my piece of crap amp. What will it hit if I upgrade my amp? Why did my Type R's impress the hell out of me when i first stuck them in now I guess I am used to them because now half volume doesnt cut it for me! I cant feel it outside the car at all either. Everyone else says they can though! I lost my remote to my cd player in 3 days if anyone finds it in a parking lot let me know it goes to a sony hehe!

Calm down, it's still as loud as it used to be, the difference is your ears got used to the loudness. Now you crave more sound, just take it easy, enjoy your hearing while you have it. Now onto the amp situation, a bigger amp won't make a real big difference, it will probably be noticeable, but then you will get adjusted to it, and be right back where you started, save yourself the $300 or so. The only way I would upgrade is if you don't have an amp for your mids/hi's, you could go ahead and take the amp from your subs and use it to power your mids/his, then it would be worth while to get a bigger amp for your subs.

No i dont have an amp for mids and highs but i also have factory speakers for awhile. I am not all that worried about the amp since right now I only have one type R installed and the other still coming in the mail but i was just wondering what i might hit db wise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.