How do you tap into your ignition?

Every car has an ignition wire.

If you can't find one in the dash, locate your fuse box, find a switched ignition source, and use that.

Use one of these:

add-a-circuit.jpg

They can be found at any auto parts store by the fuses, and they come in a few different variations for different fuse types.

there are also other wires that you can use as an ACC/switched source. Just get to know your car and see what systems work all the time vs. those that only work when the ignition is triggered. The truth is,, you most likely DO have a switched wire in the bundle behind your factory head unit. all it takes is a DMM and a bit of patience to find it.

Every car has an ignition wire.
If you can't find one in the dash, locate your fuse box, find a switched ignition source, and use that.

Use one of these:

add-a-circuit.jpg

They can be found at any auto parts store by the fuses, and they come in a few different variations for different fuse types.
so i can buy that thing, put it in the original switched ignition source in the fuse box and connect the end of that thing to my headunit?

stop getting ahead of yourself.. Jeeze. finding your ACC is one of the most fundamental basics of car audio

First of all... Why are you convinced your car DOES NOT have an ACC???

what kind of car do you have (be specific)

did you buy it new or used? did it have a stock or after market HU at the point you started fukin with it??

Do you own or know what a dmm (digital multi meter) is???

How old are you??

Answers to all of these questions will allow us to actually help you..

stop getting ahead of yourself.. Jeeze. finding your ACC is one of the most fundamental basics of car audio
First of all... Why are you convinced your car DOES NOT have an ACC???

what kind of car do you have (be specific)

did you buy it new or used? did it have a stock or after market HU at the point you started fukin with it??

Do you own or know what a dmm (digital multi meter) is???

How old are you??

Answers to all of these questions will allow us to actually help you..

yeah my car has an ACC wire but when i hook it up to my headunit, my headunit wont turn on, the +B wires work but not the ACC wire.

i have a 1994 toyota 4runner, i bought it used and it had a stock HU.

yeah i know what a DMM is but i dont have one

Did you cut the stock radio plug/harness? Or are you using a stock-to-aftermarket harness?

If your stock radio plug is still intact, and you're using an aftermarket adapter harness, all wires should be present.

Black is ground, yellow is constant 12v and red is ignition.

Did you cut the stock radio plug/harness? Or are you using a stock-to-aftermarket harness?
If your stock radio plug is still intact, and you're using an aftermarket adapter harness, all wires should be present.

Black is ground, yellow is constant 12v and red is ignition.
i cut... i shouldnt have :\

well... i think you have come to a forum to basically ask other people to google for you..

anyway.................

here is for a 96...

1996 Toyota 4Runner Car Stereo Wiring Schematic

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Blue/Yellow or Blue/Black

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Gray

Car Radio Ground Wire: Brown

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Green

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Black/Red

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 6 1/2″

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Doors

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Purple

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 5 1/4″

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Doors

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Black

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Red

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White

I would assume the wiring is close to a 94 but here are the EXACT specs for your car.

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvisions/2008-08-27_231712_94_runner.pdf

and

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvisions/2008-08-27_231824_94_runner7.pdf

Ignition wires are located by... you guessed it,, the ignition... and usually run through the steering colum and under the driver's side dash.

Trouble is, your gonna need a DMM to test to find it. And also, your ignition wire is technically not your ACC wire. It will work though. Your ACC will drop voltage when the car is being started... your ignition wire does not.

When I get to work tomorrow I can directtech your vehicle if need be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.