How do sundown Z 12s sound?...

Zv3 are all around good

Zv4 are bloated on the low end and fall on their face up top.

They are for this new rebassed niche market of people that don't care about anything but the lowz

I disagree with los

In the proper box they do well

My x's stay very flat from 25-50 but still can play 60-70hz with authority

Some people like the sound of them, some don't

Personally I will be going with a traditional driver next but to say the Zv4 falls flat on its face is just not true

It is still a great woofer

And if you are worried get the spl cone and it will be just like a traditional driver

I'm just looking for a good sub that gets loud and sounds good with music around 2- 2.5k. The Zv5 just looks really cool. I definitely am not needing just low or spl. More a combo of the two that sounds good.

How about the mayhem from ascendant audio?
Nasty sub (lots of users have either run them in the past or currently run them). They will murder the lows and still sound great in the upper bass frequencies
I don't think i've ever heard a valid complaint about Ascendant Audio (there the real deal).

Nasty sub (lots of users have either run them in the past or currently run them). They will murder the lows and still sound great in the upper bass frequencies
I don't think i've ever heard a valid complaint about Ascendant Audio (there the real deal).
I think imma get me a 12! They look really nice too.

I dont think los has ever owned a zv4 woofer so not sure how he always has something to say about them. No real world experience. With all the crap he talks about installs and SQ he should be able to make a zv4 do anything he wants.

You don't have to own one to go to a random show and see 5 cars with them which all think they are the loudest ever when it's taking them a 5k on each one to get high 140s

Exactly... your going off retards with BAD INSTALLS. Put your DD in there install and it still sound like crap. Sounds like u never heard a good install with sundowns

Fricken JP Tahoe peaks at like 60hz with his sundowns

So what you are saying is you have to have a 4th order wall and 60,000 watts for them to do good?

No it's all about the install... when I go to shows about 5 installs out of every 100 cars I might auctally like and think sounds good. You can't go off other people's builds that throw 2x4,spray foam and duct tape into an install and thinks it sounds good. U gotta remember I'm not an SPL guy. I do this for myself because I like music. Anyone that's gets a demo from me always say how clean it sounds and how musical it is. Sundown for the win! But you have to know how to use them correctly or you get poor results like your referring to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.