How do I tune my box Lower?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Could I tune my 1221D Type R to 27Hz? Would I just shorten the length of the port? I went to this port size calculator and it say that:

Length of a side

for a square vent is 4.44 inches so is it a good idea to go from a 13 inch long port to a 4.44 inch port? Is 27Hz too low for the sub to get loud? The Free Air Resonance is 27Hz.

low frequency tuning gives you a punchy bass (30 htz range is typical for SQ)

higher frequency tuning gives you a boomier bass (40 to 60 htz is typical for SPL)

What calculator do u use? My sub system is tuned to 25hz and that's what i like. I really don't like bass that's above 40 or 50hz. I used a program to give me some preliminary results then i experimented( at low volumes ) until I found the frequency that i wanted. I would never put complete trust in a program unless it was LinearX or something like that. U have to throw other factors in there like if the sub goes below 20 hz will it flop out of control ( common in incorrectly tuned boxes ). Im not an expert but i just thought i'd put my 10 cent in:p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.