How do i get rid of this?

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Im still using the stock speakers in my 08 ford focus but i have a 12 inch kicker cvr. Anyway the stock speakers have a lot of bass. Bad sounding bass. Like just a lot of noise not even low note kinda bass. lol. The problem is that bass still comes out of both the kicker and the stock speakers. This is very annoying because all that crappy sounding bass coming outa the stock speakers makes the overall sound terrible. btw im using a LOC so the HU hass no crossovers to fix this. I think the might be a stock subwoofer in the door panel or something because whenever the kicker isnt on and just the bass from the stock speakers in paying my right rear view mirror shakes a **** load. The other one doesnt so im thinkng the stock sub might be in the door panel. Idk tho do cars ever come with stock subs? lol could i like get in there and take it out? I know buying a new HU with crossovers and low pass, high pass filters would fix this but im kinda low on cash. Any other solutions?

turn teh bass down on ur HU. This happens when u have stock HU and a sub.
Ya i currently have it turned all the way up. So i would need a new headunit? would a cheap like 100 dollar one work?

dont turn your bass on your HU all the way up... that is what is distorting you speakers... and that could also cause clipping to your sub, since your using a LOC... keep it at 0 and you'll have much better sound

dont turn your bass on your HU all the way up... that is what is distorting you speakers... and that could also cause clipping to your sub, since your using a LOC... keep it at 0 and you'll have much better sound
yah true but turning bass all the way causes no distortion from the sub and its so **** quiet when its set in the middle. But im definatly going to look into getting a new headunit.

Oh and let me get this straight. A HU with a Low pass filter is what i need right? also i would like the HU to have custome EQ. That is where you can edit the treble, bass, and all that right? Do they have HU with those two features for 100$. Would be nice to if it had a aux input but i know thats kinda pushing it.

well, if you turned the bas below 1/2, and you can't get volume, then either your loc and/or amp gain isn't set right, or the loc is bad. i use my stock head unit in my tahoe with a loc, and get plenty of volume no problem. i have it set so that i can get max output from the amp at 1/2 bass on the head unit, and can still turn it down without reaching for the bass knob. iirc, newer focuses are a pita to put an aftermarket hu in, and probably needs an adapter that costs allot more than your hu budget. i would look into that first. don't remember what year it started like that.

well, if you turned the bas below 1/2, and you can't get volume, then either your loc and/or amp gain isn't set right, or the loc is bad. i use my stock head unit in my tahoe with a loc, and get plenty of volume no problem. i have it set so that i can get max output from the amp at 1/2 bass on the head unit, and can still turn it down without reaching for the bass knob. iirc, newer focuses are a pita to put an aftermarket hu in, and probably needs an adapter that costs allot more than your hu budget. i would look into that first. don't remember what year it started like that.
Yes this is the main problem and why i didnt buy a HU. According to some expert at bestbuy i need to buy 120$ extra in parts to install a HU. He wasnt trying to make money from the store either cuz he said id have to order em somewhere online. But if i buy a HU off crutchfield it comes with some of parts. About 50$ in parts. So im gona do that. But i didnt even know i could set gain on the LOC i set em on my amp but im gona have to pull the LOC out of my door panel and check. lol i learn new things everday.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

stay_high

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
stay_high
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date