how do i calculate the volume for my braces ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello guys and gals

Looking to install a 13w7 in my 2000 golf, I have had it in a ported setup with an aero port before and want to try something a little different.

So looking to do up a 3 ish cubic foot sealed box, Yes I'm aware that JL recommends a way-way smaller box but I am gunning for a very very well braced.

With the displacement of the subwoofer itself being .21 cubic feet. How would I calculate the bracing

was looking to brace every wall and reinforce it from front to back twice with two internal braces which have holes drilled in for air flow etc,

Thanks in advance

Hello guys and gals
Looking to install a 13w7 in my 2000 golf, I have had it in a ported setup with an aero port before and want to try something a little different.

So looking to do up a 3 ish cubic foot sealed box, Yes I'm aware that JL recommends a way-way smaller box but I am gunning for a very very well braced.

With the displacement of the subwoofer itself being .21 cubic feet. How would I calculate the bracing

was looking to brace every wall and reinforce it from front to back twice with two internal braces which have holes drilled in for air flow etc,

Thanks in advance
OR u could just use 2 2x4s or 1x4 easy to calculate or just some big dowel rods (like bigger than broom handle)..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.