How come no one talks about IDMaxes anymore?

I am going to run thier tweeter. As for the sub, nothing that will work with the power I want to use. Rl-p has 15s and get loud/sound good and are cheaper.

Because 99% of the people on this board are concerned with getting the lowest cost product that meets their needs. It's more of a forum trend really, and is why most of us are here....we want to know what we're doing and spend the least amount possible to do it.

The IDMax is still a badas$ sub, but you're going to find people on here that are continually looking for different products to perform in their price range.

Now that we all know what an IDMax does, it fades away after awhile, similar to the W7 on this board from what I've seen in recent months.

But now that internet companies such as Fi are releasing new products to compete with these, the new products gain *popularity*. Doesn't make them better, but more popular indeed.

Personally, I find that subs meant to do similar things do similar things. There will never be an end-all product out there, just newer products as time goes on.

And like Camshaft says, people go by word of mouth. You're not going to see me running subs based solely on what forum mebers tell me. I have learned too much over the years and install is so important it's going to overrule equipment most of the time.

I know the IDMax had a run of coil alignment problems and I know that hurt popularity for a while. But it is still a very good sub, but has been out on the market for a while and other products are coming out doing the same for less.

My IDmax's are treating me very very well. Some of the best sq i've heard, other than an IDQ 15 and a mag 15, which are the only two subs i would swap my max's for.

You're just reading the wrong forums.

On a couple of other forums were brands like Fi and SI haven't had as much "infiltration" they are still plenty popular.

It basically boils down to forum boners.

I think the IDMAX is a great speaker. im looking at one for my next setup, possibly an arc flatline, aura, or some other drivers as well.

right now IDMAX cost too much $$$$

i remember about 6 months ago 12inch IDMAX was $350 @www.woofersetc.com/ whan i went to their store.

Now its $450 to $ 500 a sub. same store.

i think for most people it comes down to $$$$$$

FIQ is alot cheaper than a IDMAX

Plus like squeak9798 said.

"It basically boils down to forum boners"

BTW: next week were going to start a SONY boner. soo everybody save up $49.99 for a SONY sub.

right now IDMAX cost too much $$$$i remember about 6 months ago 12inch IDMAX was $350 @www.woofersetc.com/ whan i went to their store.

Now its $450 to $ 500 a sub. same store.

i think for most people it comes down to $$$$$$

FIQ is alot cheaper than a IDMAX

Plus like squeak9798 said.

"It basically boils down to forum boners"

BTW: next week were going to start a SONY boner. soo everybody save up $49.99 for a SONY sub.

this forum successfully started a type r boner, so that is not out of the question

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ls1pimp

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
ls1pimp
NJM
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date