• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 544
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Yea I was wondering how i would do this it is a 97 and is a hatchback and i cant do the top part since it is glass so should i just do the bottom of trunk and ripe off my taillight to bumper assembly and put it there it rattles the worst at the bumper when outside the car not so bad inside but outside.

try to dynomat the inside and also tighten down everything else that rattles if that doesnt work remove thema nd try to add some weather stripping under them as a cushion....good luck....

any panel you can remove take it off, put new christmas tree fasteners on when you reinstall the panel, dynamat the hell out of the panel and metal use heat it will help the mat to conform to the shapes also use a heavy wood roller to press it down good

tighten all the screws tight also anything that has a little plastic tit and the tit touches something else put a rubber bumper on it. you can use fiberglass insulation to put between the panel(w/ dynamat) and the metal (w/dynamat).also put thread locker on the bolts that secure the glass, becareful retightening them. Also make sure you mat any large flat surfaces those have more tendency to resonate than the curved surfaces will.

hope it was some help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.