How are the new Brahmas

Participant count
  • Participant list

berserker
10+ year member

cogito ergo sum
Does anyhow know how the new mark four Brahmas are? I have previously owned a 12 Brahma mk2, I absolutely loved that subwoofer, back a few years ago and sold it for one reason or another.

I for one have heard that they lowered their continuous power handling, now is that true or just gossip? I am looking for any personal experience or true substantiated faqs. Thanks in advance.

I also had a MKII 15... Adire hasn't really been the same since.. The MKIV is suppost to be better the the III, but the thermal power handling is really enclosure dependent. Anywhere from 600-1000w would be lots.

Does anyhow know how the new mark four Brahmas are? I have previously owned a 12 Brahma mk2, I absolutely loved that subwoofer, back a few years ago and sold it for one reason or another.
I for one have heard that they lowered their continuous power handling, now is that true or just gossip? I am looking for any personal experience or true substantiated faqs. Thanks in advance.
lowered it on paper. Adires used to use a non-standard way of measuring RMS. That's why they so often stressed the difference between thermal and mechanical power handling. 1600 watts could easily ruin the sub mechanically in just about any enclosure if you werent' careful, even if the vc's wouldn't fry. The new brahmas actually have larger vc's (higher power-handling), but are rated in a more standard way. 600 watts is really all they need, isn't that good thing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

berserker

10+ year member
cogito ergo sum
berserker
pennsylvania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date