How about this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
I have posted before about a system for my S-10 Regular Cab and have had some help telling me want not to do. I have been searching and I am still gonna stay with the MTX 81000D Mono Block amp. Pushing 1500 watts. Reviews say you get an extra 200 watts. Since I have a small pickup I am going with 10's How about this Amp pushing 2 Kicker Solo Baric L7 10's? Seem to be found at a good price. Thanks

I think that it would sound great, although I do see a possible problem. How much ft^3 are you giving to each L7? L7's require quiet abit of space to sound good.

Well I dont totaly know for sure... I just measure and the bottom of the truck seat to the back of my truck is 1.2 feet and 7 inches where the top of the box would be... Give a little to push my seats up a little if I have to. Ill need some room for the MTX amp aswell...

For a sealed box? That should be enough. .66-1.00 cubic feet is recommended. Basicly a regular sized truck box. If I wanted to I can easily move my seat forward. Those demensions were quick ones with my seat leaned back pretty far with the seats scooted back as far as possible

Originally posted by Trancer For a sealed box? That should be enough. .66-1.00 cubic feet is recommended. Basicly a regular sized truck box. If I wanted to I can easily move my seat forward. Those demensions were quick ones with my seat leaned back pretty far with the seats scooted back as far as possible
I don't believe .66-1 cu ft/sub is gonna do much for those, they need more room than that to perform well.

Originally posted by Trancer How much do I need?
Give me the dimensions you have to work with. Jmac is a wiz at this stuff, maybe you should send him a PM, or maybe the post ***** himself will check out this thread and help ya out.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ok thanks alot. Ill have to get the demensions tomorrow. So the demensions I need to get are the, width of my back part of my cab, heigth of the floor to the top, and how deep the bottom and top of the box can go?

Originally posted by Trancer Ok thanks alot. Ill have to get the demensions tomorrow. So the demensions I need to get are the, width of my back part of my cab, heigth of the floor to the top, and how deep the bottom and top of the box can go?
LxDxH, thats about it:D

Ok I got the demensions yesterday but I had a slight accident. **** slick roads. Hit a parked car. Anyway here are the demensions. I am gonna build one large box and sit it back behind me seats. I am going to make a spot for my amp in the middle. The demensions are: 52 inches long and I can back the box go 12 1/2 Deep on the bottom X 12 1/2 tall X 12 1/2 angled. Thanks alot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Trancer

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Trancer
Allen, Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date