Horror Stories

Participant count
  • Participant list

craunic

I want to hear all your install horror stories so here is mine.

I bought a jl powerwedge box for my 73 beetle. then a kenwood amp and all monster cable hookups. so i get home and remove the back seat and begin hooking everything up. after about 1/2 an hour to an hour (first install ever) i have everything hooked up. turn on the deck and.................nothing. turns out i didnt have everything hooked up. missed the little blue wire that tells the amp to turn on (remote wire). well after that......nothing again. so i check the fuse inline with the battery and it was fine so then i see that the light on the amp isnt turning on so i check the fuses, both blown. so i drive to autozone and pickup some fuses. ok now is should work. nope, wrong again. so i get my friends circuit tester and make sure it is getting power. (friend builds laser power supplies for a living) yes. so we call the guys at circuit city (where i bought the amp) and asked them. tried everything they suggested and still nothing. so now it is 3 to 4 hours later and i haul butt there before they close and exchange the amp. plug the new amp in and everything works perfectly. Nothing but bad amp. 4 hours wasted not to mention vast amounts of stress.

Well I wont even talk about that time I managed to fuse 2 gauge power cable from my battery, to my hand, to the car chasis. I still have not fully recovered............

But thats about as bad as I have had.

take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

craunic

craunic
Citrus Heights CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
zane