Holy Mother Of.....

Louder with the big woofers, more efficiency! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
In my old SPL truck I removed five SETS of component speakers and replaced them with with a single 10" B&C driver per side and a single Selenium PA tweeter per side... it was orders of magnitude louder even running the amps @ 8 ohms vs. lower loads with the 5 sets of speakers. I'm guessing his speakers are similar to the B&C in that they are pretty "usable" up to 3000 - 4000 Hz so they mate nicely with the horns.

I've seen alot of setups like this internationally, stuff like that is pretty popular //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif In Trinidad they call it a "gallery" system.
Here in the U.S. we call them multi-point-source nightmares. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Yeah Im sure it gets loud. But Im still not feeling it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Its cause, if i'm not mistaken, those are larger midranges.

x2 on places ideas of nice stereos being different.

We all know theres a lot of activity with spl in brazil and south america, but if you ever really look at pictures or videos from their competitions theres tons of people doing **** we dont do commonly here.

the first thing thats not as strange is their mounting of speakers in their trunk. A lot of them have 4-8 speakers in their trunk, so when they shjow it off, you can hear the whole range from the trunk.

the second thing I noticed(if im correct on what they even are) is that a lot of folks had these fold up boxes with tons of horn throats in them. I dont know if it was indeed compression drivers at the base of the horn or if it was to "project" a wall of speakers better, but it was to get blazing highs with the substage for show purposes.

What they do it set up up and do a show from their trunk, entertaining people.

You also have to consider the differences in music all over the place. Down theretheyhave their own flavor of music. Meanwhile europeans like a lot of techno. Even a lot of british hip-hop has more of a drum n bass or techno style beat than anything. Then over here a lot of us play rap, even if we dont necessarily love it, because you cant deny some of those songs basslines sound good.

Not trying to "stereotype" cause theres a lot of differences from person to person. Just trying to make a point.

10052008286it4.jpg

Im still baffled why he just absolutely needed the extra 4 woofers per side so badly that he decided to cover his windows. Six wasn't enough? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.