Higher SPL

Jerm1400

Senior VIP Member
Just got my car metered and did 132 DB with two american bass tnt 12's in a 4 cubic feet box tuned to 33Hz on a pioneer gm-d8604. My peak is 49Hz. I see I have a long way to go still. I'm trying to hit the mid 140's but my seats don't fold down. The only option I see is a blow through 4th order. What songs hit hard around 45-50Hz?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your car does not peak there. That's just where this box peaks in your car. You got a very long way to go.
Yea I know that. So If I change to a 4th order that will also change the peak too then right? So what are some good songs with 45-50Hz?

49hz is your vehicle's resonant frequency. That is too far from your box's tuning to be anything else. It may change a little if you add deadening.

It'll be difficult to get much louder than where you are with the equipment you are running. Your best bet would to have a "competition box" as a basic ported box tuned somewhere in the low-mid 40hz area with lots of port and a little less enclosure gross volume. It'll give you better numbers on the meter but you'll be missing you musical low notes.

...And Little Jon has songs in your frequency range and I think Petey Pablo - Vibrate is right at 50hz.

Yes I used torres box calculator and it's actually 4.06 cubic feet but you know the cuts will never be perfect when using a skill saw but yea it's around 4 tho.

I would pay someone to make you a new box. Or get you new box plans cut by home depot or Lowes. Make sure the inside is sealed nice and tight no leaks. Ditch those TNT's and that amp. Invest in electrical upgrades, SPL subwoofers and a new amp. 4th order won't do to much imo with what you got. Not saying that what you have is not nice. Just isn't SPL in any terms.

I don't have any air leaks and I planed on getting a better amp and what subs would you recommend? I don't want straight spl either more like sql.

mail

mail

CAM01870_zpsc1d2e117.jpeg

mail

mail

Here is the box I made

Mid 140's I don't see with that equipment but 140 is do able. Remove the rear deck lid remove any speakers in the deck and add a few holes with a hole saw. Do subs up port to driver side with an 8in sonotube so you can play with tuning and still run daily with a longer port do 5 cube before port I'd go smaller but your amp isn't strong enough.

A 4th order can absolutely get you louder with the equipment you have but it will come at the expense of bandwidth, e.g. sound quality.

Since you didn't mention anything else about your system though, it would be impossible for anyone to advise you on exactly what to do to reach your goals. With that in mind, the more information you provide, the more accurate the advice you will get. ;-)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.