Hiding power/ground

Watch sharp edges, 90 degree bends, factory wiring, pinch points, undo pos and neg terminals even if you don't think u will hit something and short just do it u will hit something at some point and sparks will fly, run wires thru board amps are mounted on to underneath, don't cross sound wires and power wires over each other, when running wires thru board measure twice drill once smooth edges with countersink, connect all wires to amp thru board then secure amp down keeps the connections from too much bending, use wire loom or techflex

That's basically it. Watch for pinch points, but the wire can get pretty flexible. Totally concealing it can be quite the task, depending on how much you're running. If there are spots where it's revealed, techflex/wire loom can make it look a lot better while providing some protection as well.

i totally remove the carpet - that means all seats, center console, side trim, etc. then i can easily route the wire to not interfere factory screws/clips and i can also take the opportunity to run RCA's and speaker wire, etc. an assload more time, but i don't just cram wire in the sill either. worth it if you are running all of the other wire also.

in fact, my carpet is out of my car right now and has been for a week. i'm re-running all of the speaker wire (8 channels to the front) and removing other cables i don't use anymore.

i totally remove the carpet - that means all seats, center console, side trim, etc. then i can easily route the wire to not interfere factory screws/clips and i can also take the opportunity to run RCA's and speaker wire, etc. an assload more time, but i don't just cram wire in the sill either. worth it if you are running all of the other wire also.
in fact, my carpet is out of my car right now and has been for a week. i'm re-running all of the speaker wire (8 channels to the front) and removing other cables i don't use anymore.
Could I just try and peel up the carpet from the around the door jambs and run my wires right next to the doors? The main problem i see is concealing the wire where the carpet goes up around the wheel well and into the back area where my amp and subs will be

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.