HID Colors

4300k.

4300k will have a hint of yellow

5000k will be pure white.

But 4300 is the brightest. The more color the less light output.

I run 5000k in my car and truck projector retrofits.

i have 6000k with 55w ballasts, bright as hell!! The 55w ballast makes the color look like 5000k but its about twice as bright. I buy all mine from ddmtuning.com there pretty cheap and have a free lifetime warranty

i have 6000k with 55w ballasts, bright as hell!! The 55w ballast makes the color look like 5000k but its about twice as bright. I buy all mine from ddmtuning.com there pretty cheap and have a free lifetime warranty
The ballast has NOTHING to do with color. Just stop, now. typical ricer.

Yeah for blinding other drivers...Fegs
I retrofit projectors, personally. You are correct throwing your dumdumricing.com china garbage hids into factory halogen housings is a terrible idea, only done by ricers and other mouth breathers.

I retrofit projectors, personally. You are correct throwing your dumdumricing.com china garbage hids into factory halogen housings is a terrible idea, only done by ricers and other mouth breathers.
I've seen cases where they can pull it off, but the majority just throw them in their and be done with it. I have factory hid/non projector housings on my Mark viii, love them.

I've seen cases where they can pull it off, but the majority just throw them in their and be done with it. I have factory hid/non projector housings on my Mark viii, love them.
Nah, the ones that "pull it off" dont.. if you actually LOOK at the beam pattern they are TERRIBLE. My navigator had the non projector HID housings as well.. they were pretty nice, but when I got in my s class with bi-zenon projectors it was WORLDS different.. After that ive ALWAYS retrofitted projectors. its just.. better. (Im NOT knocking the FACTORY non projector HID's, they are designed for the bulb, and work GREAT!

Yeah for blinding other drivers...Fegs
In a car they dont blind, in a truck they will.

Not sure why you call me a ricer? The ballast do make a difference on color, if you take the same color bulb and put a higher watt ballast on it, it will be brighter therefor taking away from some of the color and making more white.

Do some research guys....

Because you did a ricer mod. That makes you a ricer. Ballasts HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH COLOR dummy. You CANNOT change a bulbs k rating. Furthermore you are confusing output with color temperature (which translates to USEABLE light output). Would you really, honestly like to learn more, or would you like to keep spewing nonsense?

In a car they dont blind, in a truck they will.
Stop. Again, stop. This has nothing to do with the cars height (although it may be easier to notice in a higher vehicle) it has EVERYTHING to do with the housings design, which dictates the light beam pattern. A traditional halogen housing will throw the beam in all directions, which is blinding

Stop. Again, stop. This has nothing to do with the cars height (although it may be easier to notice in a higher vehicle) it has EVERYTHING to do with the housings design, which dictates the light beam pattern. A traditional halogen housing will throw the beam in all directions, which is blinding
This^^^ HIDs in ANY halogen based reflector headlight will glare. Period.

I did projector retrofits for my car and truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Falcons

5,000+ posts
that **** i dont like
Falcons
Albion, New York, United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date