Hi everyone!

Participant count
  • Participant list

50coronet600hp

Hey Y'all!

not new to the stereo world.. just about every car i have had has had a decent stereo, been out of the game for a bit, but in my absence i have left the desire for booming bass behind, and decided to focus on clarity. my latest project is focused on not taking up alot of space as its a small car that's used for driving 100 miles a day to and from work. and getting decent sound is going to be a challenge as its a convertible. also space is at an extreme premium as we travel with the car too. the plan is to build custom 'glass sub enclosures that fill in a void in the back kick panels where the stock rear speakers are and will also relocate the rear speakers into the sub enclosures as well. this is the first time I will be using these shallow mount pioneer 8's what i like about them is they can live in an .1 cubic foot enclosure which is about what i have to work with. as of right now the stock front speakers are decent enough down to base levels, but not sub base, so hopefully for now some creative cross over work will clear that issue up. my only question is how do i get the factory vinyl appearance on the glass enclosures? id rather not use vinyl as the sun beating down on it will wear it quickly. are there any paint on finishes that will get that same look?

You might could try some rocker panel texture, comes in a spray can and comes out looking like well... rocker panels with that paint chip protection deal going on. Sorry for my lack of technical terms but its a nice even texture that's not to hard on the eye balls.

Btw, it sprays on clear so the color match is up to youse.

I am looking for a semi textured? smooth finish, it would be to hopefully match the stock plastic / vinyl rear kick pannels in my celica... hard to describe.. just like the finish on most vehicle dashes...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

50coronet600hp

50coronet600hp
ARIZONA!
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
50coronet600hp