HHR, 3 cubes, 600 watts, (4) 8 RE or (1) 12 RE SE or RSDc?

Participant count
  • Participant list

codycr6
10+ year member

Just as listed, I have a HHR 2LT panel with a rack over the spare tire well. I am looking at building a box under the rack, should get me around 3 cubes. My amplifier is an older Orion 2150GX that does a little over 600@4 ohms. I am really liking the four 8 inch RE idea, but a single 12 SE or RSDc would be a simple and solid alternative. With the box under the rack, the sub would fire up and load off of the rack. I may also remove the spare and glass into that area, but only if it looks like the sub firing fairly close to the rack in an issue. I listen to just about everything, and do tend to pound on my subs fairly hard, but I also have a decent ear for distortion. This is a daily driver, and I prefer a good mix of sound quality and SPL. I love a solid kickdrum on my 90's rock, but will also throw on Paul Wall and such regularly. Suggestions? Not set on these three choices, just seem practical.

I have a RE SE for sale if you end up going that route. I have two running right now( See link in sig ) and i couldnt be happier

I can't run a D4 unless I run two... though I guess I could run 2 sealed @ 1.5 cubes and 300 watts per. How much for the two, and how do you feel they would do configured like this?

Company car... at least I got them to order it with sport suspension, 17 inch aluminum wheels, bluetooth audio, and 7 speaker Pioneer audio with a factory sub. Hauls all of my electronics, gets 26-28mpg... seems to do the job. Currently have two flat piston PPI subs in it that I have had for a decade or so...

4 8's would certainly be louder then the 1 12 I would imagine if you gave them the right power and such...and 4 8's is something interesting. I would do 4 8's over the single 12

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.