Hey fellas. New member with a couple questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Have been lurking on here for a bit and finally decided to sign up. Looking forward to learning alot from you guys.

Anyways...here's my story...

Have been using (4) Kicker CVR 15's on (1) Audioque 2200D in a trunk vehicle. Was planning on a sub upgrade and an additional 2200D but then I sold the car. Bought me an Escalade so now I'm ready to step my audio game up to the next level.

I was at SBN and sat in a car with (2) Fi 18's ported with only 1k on each sub. I fell in love.

With that said, I've decided to keep the (4) 15's for my other car and upgrade to 18's for the Escalade. I really want (4) 18's but I'm willing to start with 2. Gotta crawl before I walk, if you know what I mean. I plan to keep the 2200D I already have and add another one. Now for my questions...

*Meade has a Tahoe, which is the same size as my Escalade, and he has (4) 18's...so I shouldn't have any issues with air space, correct?

*Anybody located in South FLA or know any trust worthy shops in the area that can build me an enclosure?

Thanks alot guys, and look forward to learning from yall.

On average, 18's are going to want anywhere from 5 to 8 cubes per speaker, ported. Do you physically have the room for 4 18's? Yes. But if you are willing to put that large of a box in your ride is up to you. It may require a wall. At the very least it will go above the window line.

I dont know about south Florida, but I lived in Daytona for 12 years and SoundCrafters is a very legit shop with knowledgeable people and a solid record. They are the 'local host' for SBN, or at least they use to be when I lived there. It might be worth the drive from Lauderdale to use them.

Welcome to the forum.

I have no problem at all with going above the window line. I figured I would have to anyways. Since I only have so much room horizontally, I figured the box would have to be build more vertically to get proper air space.

Thanks for the recommendation but I'm gonna see if I can find someone closer for my box build. I don't wanna have to add gas funds into my system build. LOL

Thanks for the help bro.

So im guessing your going with Fi for your next subs
I'm open to anything really. I was thinking about the AudioQue 18's. I like their products. I'm open to anything that won't kill my wallet though. I still have other stuff I wanna do to the truck. I can always upgrade subs/amps later.

I'm open to anything really. I was thinking about the AudioQue 18's. I like their products. I'm open to anything that won't kill my wallet though. I still have other stuff I wanna do to the truck. I can always upgrade subs/amps later.
Whats your electrical like?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.