Hey Everyones Gotta Love This

Participant count
  • Participant list

lbzrider14
10+ year member

Mass
Awesome! in another car, i had one 12" 4OHM kenwood.. and it was bridged to a 1000 watt fusion, ... the fusion puts out 1000watts x 1 @ 4OHMs.... so basically, when i hooked up the speaker, it was running 1000 watts to the one speaker that only could hold 500 right? IM pretty sure thats how i blew it... .. Well has anyone had this happen to them before? "driving down the road w/ the bass thumping, than it stops, and u smell smoke, u pop ur trunk and coming outta the port holes is the worst smelling smoke u can imagine, like some body fishbowled it with ass!" that means i blew it right? and the speaker wont work now"

2nd thing.... Im gonna buy two new 12"s... The amp does 200 x 2 @ 4ohms... if i was to wire the two subs so its OHM load is only 2 ohms, would it be less than 200 coming out of each channel? I would really appreciate it if some body helped me out...

Addition to my other Q

2nd thing.... Im gonna buy two new 12"s... The amp does 200 x 2 @ 4ohms... if i was to wire the two subs so its OHM load is only 2 ohms, would it be less than 200 coming out of each channel? I would really appreciate it if some body helped me out...

I meant that if i wire the two 12"s so they are 2 Ohms will the amp out out less power than if it was wired at 4 Ohms? Cause i dont want to blow the speakers again!

what are the new subs? svc-dvc? 4ohm,2ohm,8ohm or what?

the amp is rated 1000x1 @4ohms, that's bridged. two subs wired to the bridged amp(at 4ohms) will still be 1000wrms,split that between the two subs for 500 wrms apiece.

the 200x2@4ohms is stereo rating.

to get the 1000wrms @ 4ohms with two dvc subs you'll need either the 4ohm dvc wired in series or the 8ohm dvc wired in parallel. i'm not for sure about svc subs.

Yeah, it would be 200watts x2@4 ohms.. but what would x2 @2 ohms put out?? how many watt per channel? woudl it be more than 200 or less than 200 watts

i'm not for sure what the increase would be,there would be an increase though. probably enuff for you to tell anyway. another thing that will increase is the heat. at the lower impedence the internal heat level in the amp will rise. the amp will be able to handle the lower load ,but for how long? i had my amp "seeing" 1 ohm and for about 30 minutes i could play loud before the amp shut-off. i re-wired my speakers so the amp will see a 4 ohm load...no problems. just somthin to remember.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.