Hewp!?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok, I need a lil bit of help. I'm looking to spend a lot of money on gettin a new system for my car and I want the best possible sound for the money. I figured I'd start with a head unit of course so I need some advice. What do ya'll think is the best possible unit for around $500. I was lookin at the alpine 7875 and 7877 cuz everyone rants and raves about how nice they are but I also found this JVC that just looks sooooo good. Plus I heard the alpine there didn't look or fit quite right in hondas and that's what I've got. But I'm more out for quality than looks so lemme know what's good and what's not, ok? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif THANK YOU! Also, do you think I should spend more than $500 to get something real good quality?

Hello firebird

IF your wondering yes spend a bit more on a head unit i would recomend an alpine but dont go to circuit city or best buy ( RIP OFFS) i went there and got a head unit and got totally ****** they screwed everything up. If i were you i would suggest going to to specialized car audio place and asking them what they would suggest. The trick of it is when your there tell them you have less then what you really have you can get a deal from them. Find out your options and see if you can get a system package dont go with cheap go with the more expensive stuff but dont go to over board. I am a professional installer and i do some awesome **** if you live anywhere close to wisconsin let me know i might be able to get you a sweet system for under $1,200 mainly alpine and fosgate.

Let me know how you do

Good luck

Well, I live in No. Va. And I just moved here so I really don't know any decent place to shop at. As for money I have enough right now to buy myself a **** good head unit but anything more will have to wait for a couple weeks or a month. I've only had one system before and it was down right sucky so I really don't know how to go about all this, heh. And I'm a very bad negotiater so I'd prolly end up spending waaaaay too much on something crappy lol. I was really hoping to do most of my shopping online. If you could offer up some specific suggestions on some hu's that'd be great cuz I really don't even know where to start looking. Heh, as you can see I'm pretty lost. But I really want to do this the right way this time and I'm willing to spend the cash it takes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Hey firebird

I was the one b4 who posted for you i realized after that i wasnt logged in. If you look at my profile you will see why i say go the extra mile. the alpine is a good unit to go with but if you really want to go one step further you can go with a fosgate head unit. It will run you about 7-800. I hope that you do go to a reputable dealer cause i dont like to see people getting ****** when they buy stuff. only prob with the fosgate h u is you need an external amp for your speakers. But you can get one for a good price that will work fine. Let me know if you need more info.

Stereoskitz

Alpine CDA-7977. Best alpine has besides a bass engine pro HU, or the 7990. It does not come with an internal amp (but with the best stuff, you would have an external amp anyways), so you can save money by not having an amp inside your HU.

Yeah, I'd definetely be gettin an external amp so that's not a problem. I've heard so many good things about Alpine and absolutely no bad things but I've heard some good and some bad about fosgate so I dunno. Anyways I wouldn't mind spending 700-750 as long as I was getting the best possible deal for my money, ya know? Man, if I'm this lost about a head unit I can only imagine how it'll be when it comes time to pick some subs, heh. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The 7977 will run you $550 retail, the 7990 is about $3,000 retail. Another great HU (there are many great HU's) is the Eclipse cd8061 and 8051. They run at about around $1,000 retail also. The 8061 has balanced output (upto 16v RMS outputs). http://www.eclipse-web.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

FireBirdGirl

FireBirdGirl
Woodbridge, VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
01price