Hertz vs. Focal

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Hey guys. Im about to start putting together a stereo for my girlfriend. She has a 2006 Cadillac CTS. She listens to 90% Rap and 10% Alternative.

I was thinking about hooking her up with one of my favorite entry level components, Focal Access 6.5 Comps (165A1) I really like the midbass in these, but wasnt too thrilled about the tweeter. I found that I could tune it -3db on the crossover and tune it on my EQ and it wasnt so bad.

I have also really wanted to try the Hertz comps that I keep reading about.

Budget: @ or less than $200

Thats the downside to the focals as you've already experienced. The tweeter is pretty bright. The hertz will give you a great midbass, and the tweeter is less aggressive. What hertz set are you talking about?

So anyone have any imput?

I think the deal is this.

Focal Pros: Midbass

Focal Cons: Tweeters

Hertz Pros: Tweeters

Hertz Cons: Midbass

ugh.. any imput guys? I will be insulating the doors by the way :)

Focal vs Hertz

France vs Italy

Citroen, Peugeot, Renault vs Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati

Hertz gets my vote. I also know a guy who works for a car audio shop in town that sells and installs both and he prefers Hertz over Focal.

Focal vs HertzFrance vs Italy

Hertz gets my vote. I also know a guy who works for a car audio shop in town that sells and installs both and he prefers Hertz over Focal.
Your opinion seems very informed.

Focal vs HertzFrance vs Italy

Your opinion seems very informed.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I agree, VERY well informed.

I disagree w/ the negativity that the Focals get on the tweeter. Your looking to spend $200 on a speaker that'll go well with rap.......Not much you need to look for. Get some Pioneers or Alpines call it a day.

Both are good. I listed to Hertz and Focal and prefer the Focal. Just find the tweeter more detailed but not harsh. The Hertz has a warmer neutral sound. I like the crispness of the Focal.

However, the Hybrids sound even better than the Focal.

The Hertz HSK165 and the Focal 165KF are both selling online right now for about $300 brand new and those both sound amazing. I haven't spent too much time listening to the entry level models, but I do remember the Focals sounding a little sharp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.