Hertz High Energy Subwoofers

lyttleviet
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Texas
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Hertz subs. I am debating between running 2 HX 250D (10") with my Audison 1.1k or the new AA Havoc 15". I know they are SQ oriented etc etc.. The pdf shows sealed and bandpass boxes but I am wondering if there is someone running these subs in a ported box and how much space they like. If anyone has more info on these speakers please post it up. Thanks guys!

PDF on the exact speaker

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_hx250d.pdf

Well, Ive never heard of them before, the Hertz. But with their abysmal xmax, dont expect alot of output potential from them sealed. And try building the bandpass enclosure at your own risk. It may be brilliant, and it may **** balls.

I honestly see nothing special about these speakers other than their flashy graphics... and the company's sketchy definition of xmech (2X the xmax is not standard) makes me skeptical of them. *shrug*

Hertz makes some very very nice highend comps. If you are looking for an SQ sub then Hertz I would think would be good based on there comp sets. If you are looking for something that has the ability to get super loud I would look esle where. But we could all be wrong as I have never seen a review of these any where.

What is the cost on these vs. the AA.

I heard some demo'ed, sound nice and clean and also got quite loud off a vrx something or other. I cant remember the model audison amp.

Elettromedia makes some good ish.

Audison connection wire is some of the nicest car wire ive seen.

I heard some demo'ed, sound nice and clean and also got quite loud off a vrx something or other. I cant remember the model audison amp.Elettromedia makes some good ish.

Audison connection wire is some of the nicest car wire ive seen.
The cost is roughly the same for 2 10s vs the havoc 15".. Actually a little more expensive but not significant.

Were the subs sealed or ported? Would they be a nice SQ application? You are the first to have heard them so your input would help tremendously.

Well, Ive never heard of them before, the Hertz. But with their abysmal xmax, dont expect alot of output potential from them sealed. And try building the bandpass enclosure at your own risk. It may be brilliant, and it may **** balls.
I honestly see nothing special about these speakers other than their flashy graphics... and the company's sketchy definition of xmech (2X the xmax is not standard) makes me skeptical of them. *shrug*

Hertz is Audisons speaker line. If the subs are anything like the comps then they'll be great. I cant wait to install my Hi-Energy comps. Try em ported an if you dont like move onto the Havoc.

Hertz is Audisons speaker line. If the subs are anything like the comps then they'll be great. I cant wait to install my Hi-Energy comps. Try em ported an if you dont like move onto the Havoc.
Ah I see. You'd think Audison would be doing themselves a favor by putting their name on the product though. It certainly doesn't look like the more refined image I have of Audison products, but perhaps it performs better than it or it's specs appear. Thanks for the info.

The cost is roughly the same for 2 10s vs the havoc 15".. Actually a little more expensive but not significant.
Were the subs sealed or ported? Would they be a nice SQ application? You are the first to have heard them so your input would help tremendously.
They were in a shop with a room about 30x20ish.

Sealed in 1cubic foot or so each. Would be definetly nice for a SQ app. They also got loud as piss, was quite suprising

They were in a shop with a room about 30x20ish.Sealed in 1cubic foot or so each. Would be definetly nice for a SQ app. They also got loud as piss, was quite suprising
Thanks so much.. I just heard my Avalanche in its little sealed box today and it is making me question once more what I want to do... 2 10" Hertz or the Havoc...... I think the hertz would definitely be different and sound GREAT. Also, they dont need much space to get loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. Thanks for the input.

Hertz is Not "Audisons speaker line" it is a different entitiy in itslef, but falls under the Elettromedia parent company umbrella. Theyve been highly regarded SQ oriented drivers fro MANY years.

Having heard/owned/installed/sold their subs I can confidentally say you would not be displeased if SQ is your primary concern.

Hertz is Not "Audisons speaker line" it is a different entitiy in itslef, but falls under the Elettromedia parent company umbrella. Theyve been highly regarded SQ oriented drivers fro MANY years.
Having heard/owned/installed/sold their subs I can confidentally say you would not be displeased if SQ is your primary concern.
Thanks guys. I am going to run the ML3000 with my 1.1k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

I heard 2 10" Hertz Hi-energy in a small enclosure while I was hanging out at my local installer having my stuffs done, its mounted behind the backseat of a Porsche, so you know there's not much space. Power by a Genesis Profile, not sure the model. I don't know what is your definition of loud, but I can seriously feel my hair moving. It's loud with very good SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.