Heres a good situation for you

Participant count
  • Participant list

pcalvert

Philly
Basically, i drive a mitsubishi 99 eclipse hatchback. I have 2 pioneer 12's running with a pos amp rated at 400 watts. When i turn it up the bass is unbelievable, but thats not what i want. Im sick of like all this bass and rattling i just want something that has great sq. I deffinetly want something smaller, what would be best '1 eight' '2 eights' '1 10' 2'10's' and if so what sub and what kind of bax (bandpass, sealed, ported). I heard that the infinity kappa pefrects have great SQ and as for Jl's ive gotten mized reviews. Please help out someone here i got about a 350-400 dollar budget for the whole thing- subs, box and amp. Also will it still rattle bc it does now at like medium volume and if so will a dynamat trunk kit help a hatchback? Thanks

Basically, i drive a mitsubishi 99 eclipse hatchback. I have 2 pioneer 12's running with a pos amp rated at 400 watts. When i turn it up the bass is unbelievable, but thats not what i want. Im sick of like all this bass and rattling i just want something that has great sq. I deffinetly want something smaller, what would be best '1 eight' '2 eights' '1 10' 2'10's' and if so what sub and what kind of bax (bandpass, sealed, ported). I heard that the infinity kappa pefrects have great SQ and as for Jl's ive gotten mized reviews. Please help out someone here i got about a 350-400 dollar budget for the whole thing. Thanks
Never use a Bandpass box ever=POS. Jl's have better SQ than Infinity. I for 400$ buy yourself possibly 2 eD8A's or 2 RE 8's and then get an amp to power them,

You can never go wrong with Dynamat. The stuff helps tremendously. If you have a sub output on your head unit you can tune accordingly for the music you listen to. I.E. Rap; turn sub output up, rock; turn outp. down etc. But if you want to switch go with tens in sealed enclosure. You'll get great SQ.

There are a couple I would recommend that give extreme SQ and are very efficient so you don't need a million watts. JL Audio 10W0's or the Eclipse 8600 series. I ran a 12" 8600 and the sq was amazing. Basically toss a coin between the two and thats the one you should run.

so lets say i had 1 10 and i was running a 300w amp to the eclipse or jl, would i just hear it or be able to feel it as well.
The eclipse are rated at 125 RMS and the JL somewhere close to the same so with a 300 watt amp you would be good to get two tens.

well i dont think the guy will find a 800wrms amp and subs/box for 350-400.

I'm kinda in his position as well. I have a MTX 801d amp and want to run a IDMAX v3 D4 with it in a sealed box, but i dont know what kinda SQ and loudnedd i will get from it.

ummmm....e10a...$270

profile cl1200...$220

amazing setup

or e8a...$145

profile cl600m...$125

that 8 will have comparable output to a middle line 12. good sub, u'd be very happy. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.