here it is, future setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
ive always liked the jl / amps, just hate paying that much but, i really would like to have them

and the arc components, i love them

and the deck i already have and havent found a deck id rather have

and the Brahma lll, havent heard one hehe but i doubt it wont perform good

did you already buy the JL amps? i would go with the zapco reference series, better amp for the money hands down. price isnt bad compared to the JL's. other than that, it sounds like a good setup. that is a good deck too. as long as its working fine, i wouldnt change it, nothing out there is worth changing to. the only other thing i would do if it was my system is run an external EQ. if you decide on doing one, the zapco's are the best one i have come across, around 300 bucks. if you change your mind on those amps too, you can run symbilink cables from that EQ to the zapco amps. 16 volts.

the Zapcos do look nice, ill need to hear them tho, ive played around with the JLs a lot

the Zapcos do look nice, ill need to hear them tho, ive played around with the JLs a lot
i own both. the zapco is a better amp all the way around. especially at 2 ohms. the zapco is louder at 2 ohms than the JL. even though the JL claims to deliver say 500 watts at 1.5 to 4 ohms, it limits its output at lower ohm loads to prevent overheating.

what about for the highs
it depends on what highs you want to run. the 360.4 is a great amp, as well as the 350.2, and the 750.2 is just a monster. if you run a zapco EQ as well you can run symbilink which will deliver 16 volts of input signal. you can read about it on their site.

isnt Zapco in Modesto
yes

ehh why 9833?
cause i wanted a deck with Time Correction, and Alpine decks were the cheapest and the 9833 was the cheapest deck that had Time C. that was black, for the most part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.