Here is my shopping list TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD LOOK INTO!!!

Here is my two cents. If you want all of that functionality then I would say stick with alpine. Here is what you will need. You can also later add additional changer, or HD Radio, or Sat Radio.
IVA-W200 - Double din touch screen

KCA-100BT - Blue Tooth Adapter

KCA-620M - USB Adapter for MP3 (only if you really want it)

KCE-422i - Ipod connector
What he said EXCEPT there is an issue with the Bluetooth unit and AI-Net which I have heard reports that it has been resolved with a software fix. Still, the Alpine Bluetooth is very underwhelming feature-wise which is why I decided to instead go with a 3rd party Bluetooth (Motorola's IHF1000) which has some nice features and has gotten good reviews.

By the way, when choosing a deck, be sure to differentiate between the 'old' Alpine Ipod interface (with the KCE-420i adapter) and the KCE-422i which is simply a cable. The KCE-422i solution is better and faster and cheaper.

Finally, the new 80G Ipod is out and can be had at Apple's web site. In fact, they are selling it cheaper and faster than anyone else I have seen. If you plan to rip your CDs in lossless or high bitrate, it would seem to be the way to go.

Finally (no really, finally)... When evaluating the head units, as long as you are getting the PXA-H701 for the EQ, don't bother with the IVA-D310 unless you REALLY want the 7" screen vs. the 6.5" screen. The D100 or W200 with the PXA have all the features of the D310 PLUS they can do DVD-Audio, the D310 can't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.