Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

gofast922

I am new to the whole sound system installing thing. I build cars with my father and we have decided to put a small sytem in our 72 Nova. We purchased 2 10" Profile Baja subs and a 400 watt amp to go with it. The amp installed just fine and all and we hooked it up to the subs and that is where the trouble started. the speaker is moving but there is no bass hardly at all. I have two jensen 6x9's by the back window that make more bass than these subs. I changed the subs out with 2 pioneers an i had the same thing. The subs were in a vented box. is this the reason for no bass. Do i need and encosed box? I also adjusted the sensitivity and the bass level on the amp and it done no good. i have the crossover set at 40hz. Can somebody please help.

Originally posted by gofast922 I am new to the whole sound system installing thing. I build cars with my father and we have decided to put a small sytem in our 72 Nova. We purchased 2 10" Profile Baja subs and a 400 watt amp to go with it. The amp installed just fine and all and we hooked it up to the subs and that is where the trouble started. the speaker is moving but there is no bass hardly at all. I have two jensen 6x9's by the back window that make more bass than these subs. I changed the subs out with 2 pioneers an i had the same thing. The subs were in a vented box. is this the reason for no bass. Do i need and encosed box? I also adjusted the sensitivity and the bass level on the amp and it done no good. i have the crossover set at 40hz. Can somebody please help.
Well, I'm no Pro, but a couple things to check...

1) You said that you were adjusting the "sensitivity and the bass level"... I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but if you didn't mean gain then you might want to try kicking that up a bit.

2) How do you have them wired up to your Head Unit? Are they split with your back speakers, or did you wire them to a Sub out on your Head unit? If they're wired to a sub out, then maybe you just need to kick up the gain to the sub out on the head unit.

3) Just to be sure, check all of your wiring, including the amp.

It sounds like something much simpler than the box being vented, because even then you should be getting SOME sound - it would just sound bad. I'm not experienced enough yet to know if the crossover is set too high or not... ?? Anyone else have any suggestions??

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.