help with rockfords

Participant count
  • Participant list

drpain714
10+ year member

got all the wiring done and the amp works jus fine. Now i have another problem...which may seem strange. i have 2 new 12" RF Z's(4ohm each) in a bandpass box. i powerin w/ a lanzar vibe 220 amp which claims to put out ( 2x100 @ 4ohms) and (2x175 @ 2ohms). there are 4 speaker taps on the amp ( a + and - for left channel and same for the right channel). When i connected both subs to the left and right channel, im assuming the amp sees a 4ohm impedence, the output sounds a little weird kinda distorted and not totally in sync. it doesn't sound bad but jus not really clean.

im thinkin it might be the box. the plexiglass portion is facing u (if you place it infront of u) as 2 ports rest along the left and right sides. The woofers are not pointed directly straight at u, but more of an angle toward u and toward each other. kinda hard to explain but im tryin my best. the odd thing is that when i only use one channel (not bridged either) to hook up to jus one of the woofers (doesn't matter which one) they sound alot better. Louder and crisper. So my q is why when i hook up both they dont sound good?! plus i need some detailed help on parallel wiring.. cuz i tried hookin both + and - spades from both woofers onto jus one channel so i left one channel empty and it didn't sound louder. THANKS ALOT.

Try putting the plexi glass side down. So it basically fires into the floor. It cut down all the crappy noises when I did that.

- Steve

yea thanks alot! the out of phase thing worked...now i have both hittin pretty **** good. As far as the plexiglass down...even though i really want 2 do it...i cant cuz i a put that side down it doesn't fit in my trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif gay camry....so yea thanks for all ur help tho...also how would i parallel wire my subs? the z's should b able to handle 150rms each and i have a amp that can put out 175x2 (parallel wired) so please help on the wiring...thanks.

ok ic what ur saying. so right now i jus have 100 watts runnin 2 each sub in a bandpass. now shall i face the front toward the front of the car or toward the rear? does it make a difference?

Originally posted by drpain714 As far as the plexiglass down...even though i really want 2 do it...i cant cuz i a put that side down it doesn't fit in my trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif gay camry....so yea thanks for all ur help tho.
Do you still have that "thumping" noise?

- Steve

no the thumping noise is basically all gone and after i wired one sub in phase and one out of phase it worked great. thanks for all your help guys. jus wonderin if i was 2 upgrade later on to the DVC subs sucha s maybe the Kicker CompVR's how well would my amp perform? thats if i do wire it in parallel would i be gettin 175 watts per sub or 175 total for 2 subs? cuz my amp is stable in 2ohms in stereo and it claims 175x2 at 2Ohms. Thanks again

Originally posted by Jmac I'm not really familiar with Lanzar, so I don't know how they actually rate their stuff and how much power it puts out
If it says 175x2 at 2 ohm...probably around that or a bit less - not a drastic loss of say, 50 watts/channel. Lanzar doesnt lie that bad;)

- Steve:)

ahh ic. so if u can name some good qaulity amps w/ out the insane price tags...excluding pioneer premier.. so i can decide which ones to get if i step up from the lanzar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.