help with porting a box for 4 12s

Participant count
  • Participant list

qxfosgatesvt
10+ year member

buffalo
i want to make a box ported for 4 12in l7s should have all 4 subs in there

own chamber or have one big comon chamber? also how many ports shold i have in this

box? heres the measurements 37in deep 35in long 16in high the subs will be mounted on top of the box

firing up i went to 12volt.com and that gave me around 9cf to work with is that right? or should i have just one big sealed box? i want some cheast pounding bass ! {p.s. i bump responsably!

Nine cubes should be enough....Here is my idea for your box. This is gonna be hard to picture so bear with me.

What i would do is give each sub its own enclosure....but...leave one part (top or bottom) open and make a port all along the bottom (or top) that all the subs would use. Its kind of hard to picture, so i drew up a plan. The plan is just for one section of the box, but you get the picture. The dividers between subs go to the back wall of the box, and to the top, but the port is at the bottom.

box.bmp

Attachments

• box.bmp
    0 bytes · Views: 63
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.