Help with blowing tweeters?

buy quality, buy once.

my deck is from like 2006, speakers too (or earlier). subs from 2008

all still work, 0 problems. and i can always move gear to a new car

Last edited:
So when I replaced the JBL tweeters (of which the crossovers weren't installed) with the new skar tweeters, the skar tweeters came with crossovers, so I installed those instead. When the JBL tweeters were discarded, so were the crossovers, as I had the skar ones. The skar crossovers are still installed in the car. I could buy the same component set from JBL for the crossovers and tweeters, I'd keep my broken in woofers in the car, and the new ones for back ups I guess. But, I noticed that set is 3ohm, my cars factory tweeters were 4ohm. Buy that set or look for 4 ohm tweeters with crossovers?

I think 3ohms will be fine.

Lesson learned, visual inspection before anything else. Wiring came undone on the drivers tweeter. I replaced them anyway, with Rockford fosgate tweeters, crossover built in. They sound much better so I'm satisfied for now 🤣

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...