Help! What speakers for what locations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ethonion

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey! I am new to this community. I have a 2006 GMC envoy and am looking to upgrade my speaker system. I have been looking into speakers and I do not know what to purchase! I have 2 tweaters in the front dash on both sides. I have 2 in the front doors and 2 in the back. To my knowledge the 2 front only produce bass. What kinds of speakers should i get for each location. I am buying an aftermarket pioneer radio, should I also buy a new amp? Or if I sound lost please help me out!

I have a 2002 envoy with a current system I've been running for a few years but I'm collecting stuff to do a whole new setup.

In the front doors I have 6.5" mounted in factory locations but you can fit a 8" pretty easy. this is what I plan on doing. I'll be putting mids in the dash locations with tweeters in the a pillars.

Do you have a budget in mind? or plan on adding a sub down the road? There is a alot of good options that will fit this vehicle.

I have a 2002 envoy with a current system I've been running for a few years but I'm collecting stuff to do a whole new setup.

In the front doors I have 6.5" mounted in factory locations but you can fit a 8" pretty easy. this is what I plan on doing. I'll be putting mids in the dash locations with tweeters in the a pillars.

Do you have a budget in mind? or plan on adding a sub down the road? There is a alot of good options that will fit this vehicle.
I have about a 300 dollar budget. I am not trying to do anything crazy as of right now. I just want to replace the factory tweeters in the dash, front and rear door speakers. So im just looking for the best sound quality for changing out those three speaker locations.

I have about a 300 dollar budget. I am not trying to do anything crazy as of right now. I just want to replace the factory tweeters in the dash, front and rear door speakers. So im just looking for the best sound quality for changing out those three speaker locations.
I am just mainly looking for what kind of speakers should I put in the three said spaces. And if I would need any extra components to make them sound the best as they can, such as an amp. But I am not experienced in this field lol so Ill take anything i can get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...